Poster: "How to Create Your Own Commonplace Book"
To create your own commonplace book with excerpts from Sarah's commonplace book:
- First, register a user account with Omeka (the site’s platform). To do so, click on “Register” in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Select “Add a Poster”
- Title your commonplace book (your name, perhaps) and add a description if you wish.
- Select “Add an Item.” You can browse through all of Sarah’s commonplace in “View all Items,” or “Show Search Form” to search for a specific topic (such as “love” or “education”).
- All commonplace entries are titled by the page number they are found on followed by a letter corresponding to the order they are found on the page (i.e., the second entry on the second page is named 2b). To compile your own commonplace book, it might be easier to identify the passages as you’re reading her book or browsing topics, note the passages (3a, 10d, etc.) and then return later to add them to your poster.
- Once you are done, click “Save Poster” at the bottom of the page! You can always return to edit and add to your collection later.
DisclaimerTo create your own commonplace book with excerpts from Sarah's commonplace book, first register a user account with Omeka.
This page contains user generated content and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website. For more information please refer to our terms of service and conditions. If you would like to report the content of this as objectionable, Please contact us.